Proper Body Alignment in Movement - Community
with Lia Suzuki Sensei
6th dan, Aikikai
Monthly, virtual training with a global community of Aikido-ka.
What you'll get:
- 1 Monthly live, interactive class with Lia Suzuki Sensei, broadcast from her dojo in Los Angeles via Zoom
- 10-minute Q&A session at the end of each live session
- Unlimited access to the video replays of our live sessions
- 1 Piece of relevant, weekly content, such as video clip, blog post, etc.
- Supplemental video clips
- Downloadable Checklists and Guides
- Unlimited access as long as your membership is active.
- Private Online Community
- Access to a global community of like-minded Aikido-ka
- Mobile App
- BONUS: Free Download - 6 Tips to Avoid "Zoom Fatigue" in Your Online Aikido Training
What we'll cover:
- Preserve your body: We'll identify harmful habits in your Aikido and work to undo them, in order to avoid injury and preserve your body.
- Improve your technique: We'll identify points in your movement that may be making your technique ineffective.
- The 3 Lines of Equilibrium to be maintained throughout all techniques
- The 3 Basic Turning Styles in Aikido and how to execute them without putting strain on your joints
- The 3 Basic Footwork Patterns that most Aikido techniques are built off of
This membership comes with a no-questions-asked 30-day 100% money-back guarantee.
Go ahead - try your first class, check out the resources and if you're not satisfied, send me an email and I’ll refund you immediately. No questions asked, no hard feelings.
*Schedule is subject to change.
What People Are Saying:
We are basically back in the dojo once a week. I wanted to share that I am noticing improvements because of your Zoom trainings, which I think is very cool! 😁 Like the nikkyo exercise with the jo; I really notice that now I'm finding nikkyo easier to do because of it, where before I was always struggling a lot. And many other small differences.
Thank you again for your wonderful instructions and guidance.
The classes were very well structured and planned. Also, the videos were very helpful to deepen my understanding (although I sometimes had to motivate my lazy self :) (“Omoi Koshi Wo Ageru”)). I learned a lot and will keep working on the footwork, alignment and techniques with the help of the videos.
Thank you again Sensei and I will see you and hopefully others in September!
I learned to be more aware of my posture (alignment) when doing any movements (suburi, irimi-tenkan, etc) in Aikido, and it feels good. If I can get my body to learn the feet positioning, I know I will be more stable too. My two feet have the habit of 'standing on a tightrope'; I didn't realize that was causing me to wobble every time I change my hanmi direction. I will be looking forward to the recorded videos, and your other future zoom seminars too. Thanks for the classes and your feedback, they have definitely improved my Aikido.
Thanks for putting a lot of thought into the Zoom sessions. See you in the next one!
I wanted to let you know that your class is helping me in ways other than aikido. I was doing yoga the other day and was having trouble with my balance. After I shifted my foot to 65 degrees and made sure I was not in a tightrope, things got better.
Thanks a lot for your support this year. The virtual classes are so valuable for me. And more helpful than only videos. Some movements are new or not so well known to me. But the systems are so nice. I had some discussions about virtual Aikido training and somebody said virtual Aikido is not possible. But in my experience, it is. I've learned so much so I am very grateful to you for your help.
It was surprising how much one can learn from an Aikido Zoom session. I learned a lot.
Shalom Lia Suzuki Sensei,
In general, I was expecting 8 meetings of one hour. You gave much more! Sorry I could not join all the sessions. I will follow and watch all the videos.
You are doing a wonderful job. Keep going!
All the best!